Important Charter Informations and Navigation Rules
We have made a list of useful advices to help you to avoid damages on the yacht and harm to your crew during your navigation:
- Never navigate without nautical charts and always control before you set out for the first time, whether there are nautical charts for the region you intend to visit on board. Check weather conditions every day!
- Always look on the nautical chart and on the GPS plotter where you are at a given moment. This is very important in Dalmatia, since many places and islands look alike and mixing up may often be the case when you are approaching.
- If you drive faster than 5 knots (valid for the dinghies as well), you have to keep 300 m distance to the shore, as prescribed by the law. Since 2009, the Croatian Police will sanctioning transgressions with high fines. Motor yachts need to be navigated by persons who have a valid skipper certificate. All other crew members or children or without a valid skipper certificate are not allowed to drive a motorized boat!
- When approaching a certain place, please note the marked shoals and underwater cliffs. Do not only use the nautical chart for that purpose, but also the manual and read it thoroughly before you approach a port.
- In case of a strong storm and/or bad view it is very important to move away from the shore.
- In case you don’t know a destination or you have to drive through an unknown area, set out early enough, so you don’t have to drive or arrive by night.
- In case of any damage on the yacht during your charter week, please inform us immediately over the phone, so we can provide spare parts on time. This will guarantee timely reparation of the yacht for the next charter guest.