44°57.00′ N – 14°24.00′ E
Address: Jadranska obala bb, 51557 Cres
Tel: +385 051 57 16 22
Fax: +385 051 57 11 25
The marina is open year round. It is located on the northern part of Cres harbor.
Boats approach between the long breakwater with a light and a light in the sea. The depth in the passsage is 5 m. Off Melin point, marked with a light, there is a submerged reef.
There are 450 berths for yachts up to 25 m. The marina is protected form all winds, but a strong sirocco can cause waves.
Facilities include a reception office, water and electricity hook ups, showers and toilets, a restaurant, telephone, minimarket, fuel, car park and a charter fleet. The marina also has a travel lift, a hoist (10 t), a slipway and is equiped for some repairs.
In the Area:
The Island of Cres, 68km in length, is the second largest Adriatic island. It is connected to a land by ferry boats. Cres, established as the seat of Venetian administration for the island in 1459, is a small town situated on the western shore of the island, about 13 km from Lake Vransko. In the harbor there is the town gate and clock tower from the 16th century, while in the main square there is the Gothic-Renaissance church of St. Mary from the 15th century. Outside of town three is the Gothic church of St. Mary Magdalene from 1402, a Franciscan monastery and a church from the 14th-15th century. A little further there is the monastery of Benedictine nuns from the 15th century. Other places to visit on the island include Osor and Martinscica. Cres hosts the regetta Cres Cup.
Copyright notice:this text is copyrighted by us and it is allowed to copy it only if you clearly indicate our autorship somewhere on the same page together with a link back to our site